Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work
The Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work is a two-unit, three-day course that will enable successful candidates to act as a first aider in their workplace.
- Unit 1: Emergency First aid in the Workplace
- Unit 2: Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace
The training programme for Unit 1 covers the following topics:
- roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- assessing an incident
- unconscious casualties
- cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- external bleeding
- minor injuries
The training programme for Unit 2 covers the following topics:
- secondary survey
- injuries to bones, joints and muscles
- suspected head and spinal injuries
- chest injuries
- burns and scalds
- eye injuries
- sudden poisoning
- major illnesses
Assessment method: Activities, test paper, practical assessment
Suggested progression: Requalification mandatory every three years
Download the factsheet using the link provided.
Please contact us for latest prices and course dates.